Memphis Landmark Sketches - 'Peabody Hotel'                                                       Lafayette Ragsdale
Pencil drawings by Lafayette


The original Peabody was built at the corner of Main and Monroe by Colonel Robert C. Brinkley in 1869. Just prior to its opening, Brinkley received news of the death of his good friend, philanthropist George Peabody. As a sign of respect for Peabody, the new hotel was named The Peabody.

Print size is 8 1/2" x 11"

$15.00


Back
Home